THE HISTORY OF AG+
Our fencing products are the result of a long history. Due to the great technical experience regarding natural fibres in the Linea Dori intimate apparel line, we developed a fencing clothing line having unique market characteristics.
PoloTexSport, a regional competition announcement in 2010 aimed at the research and development of technical sports products, was the driving force that kicked off the AG+ fencing products. The project goal presented at PoloTexSport was the making of antibacterial, anti-static, thermo-functional and natural fabric fencing undersuits.
The requirement was to respond to fencer athletes’ needs in wearing garments that would prevent discomfort such as:
- bad smell due to the intense sport activity;
- sweat and moisture stagnation on the skin;
- excessive body heat resulting from intense effort.
The first natural fibres tests – bamboo viscose, bamboo, nettle – and technical fibres – carbon and cotton + silver – revealed that precisely the latter, cotton mixed with silver, is the perfect solution to meet the needs pointed out by fencers.
In fact, the AG+ fencer undersuits made of cotton mixed with silver guarantee:
- permanent anti-odour properties, restricting the growth of bacteria and fungi;
- high breathability;
- even distribution of body heat.
The first AG+ product prototypes underwent an Alfa Test on November 10th, 2010. The Alfa Test results, conducted on a limited sample of fencer athletes revealed a more than satisfactory response to the needs of the same fencers. Based on the results obtained with the Alfa Test and the suggestions reported by the athletes, the products were improved and subjected to the Beta Test in 2011. The Beta Test results, involving a large number of athletes from different ages and different disciplines, confirmed the excellent performance of the fencing undersuits also suitable for other disciplines. The AG+ fencing products were then subjected to three internationally recognised laboratory tests:
- UNI EN ISO 20743:2007 method: the test demonstrated that cotton combined with silver, as are the AG+ products, restrict the growth of bacteria and fungi;
- UNI EN ISO 20645:2007 method: the test showed that there is no danger to who wears the garment since there is no silver release from the fabric;
- ISO 11092:2014 method: the test demonstrated that the fabric with which the AG+ products are made has excellent thermo physiological properties.
The combined results of Alfa Test, Beta Test and laboratory tests have thus demonstrated AG+ products’ excellent performance in all indoor sports, undersuit use and under uniform thanks to the following fabric characteristics:
Prevents the formation and proliferation of fungal substances. The antibacterial power of the fabric increases after each wash. The UNI EN ISO ANTIBACTERIAL analysis is performed on each product lot.
Effectively counteracts the causes that contribute to bad odour formation.
Disperses electric charges caused by rubbing.
Insulates against heat and cold while activating itself based on the outside temperature.
Does not cause allergic reactions or other side effects.